Related: One Month of Blogging: A Reflection
Happy 4th of July everybody!
It’s been two months since I started frugaling.org. Two months since I was asked how much debt I have, and felt the pain of excess. In this time, I published 44 articles and received close to 30,000 visitors.
Each month, my Mint.com monthly budgets became more balanced and less negative. There was an exciting, positive trend. Since I started the site, I eat out far less and shop for healthy, frugal, and affordable staples. I’ve cooked and stayed in more; perhaps, to the detriment of some social time.
My credit cards carry no balance month-to-month and the revolving debt is shrinking each time. I cut out most of the extras, and I’m down to basics. Surprisingly, I’m enjoying it and reveling in the test. But when I fail, there’s fear and guilt. It seems unfair to feel these repercussions when I’m generally succeeding.
The site helps keep me focused with the continual goal of self-reflection and education. When I’m struggling to stop spending or feel truly inspired, this site has become a hub for growth. I can only hope that that is shared in the readership.
Major highlights this month:
- 20 Published Articles
- Sometimes this required significant patience. Sometimes I was lost and didn’t know what to say. But, I truly made it a priority to write and reflect on my journey. In the end, I was able to break through any barriers of writer’s block and continue sharing.
- This month I began to outline articles and format them for easier web viewing.
- Support From The Personal Finance Community
- Google AdSense Revenue Grew
- While modest, AdSense revenue grew from $11.67 to $13.68.
- I experimented with different advertising locations and formats this month.
- I joined two affiliate programs, but I’m wary of developing serious conflicts of interest between helping people be frugal and making money.
- Recorded 2,430 visitors in one day and 12,331 in the month
- This shocked me, but after a popular article on freebies was shared on Reddit and up voted repeatedly, it was a sensational hit.
- At times I had 60 to 70 people on the site – at one time!
- Overall, I had over 4,000 more visitors this month.