This marks the 84th article published in four months of Frugaling.org. Remarkably, this site has led to a reduction in my debt, a restructuring of old financial habits, and long-term goals toward zero dollars in debt. Now, with the largest audience yet, I’ve made shocking amounts of revenue this month.
The site was founded on May 4th, 2013, as the spring semester of graduate school was just wrapping up. I wanted to write about my efforts and find an audience. Since then, nearly 57,000 people have visited the site.
This month brings the most staggering revenue yet! Read below for details.
Major highlights this month:
- Affiliate Revenue Skyrocketed ($X,XXX)
- My first affiliate article regarding the Barclaycard Arrival World Mastercard grew naturally to become a top spot on Google
- This created a shocking jump in earnings to $X,XXX
- AdSense Revenue decreased from $40 to about $26
- The decrease in ad revenue was hard to explain, and I’m not sure why it declined like this
- Google Traffic Grows
- Across the board, my traffic from Google searches is growing at incredible rates
- This is an exciting development, and speaks to the use of key terms and longer articles (which have generally been more successful)
This next month, I’m hoping to continue to network with personal finance bloggers and publish one to two articles per week. Because of my graduate school schedule, anything more may wreak havoc to my health.